Discover the raw beauty of IJmuiden!
IJmuiden is a place of raw beauty. The harbour and its industry lend it a bit of an edge; the beach is ideal for adventurous wind and water sports. Its wide dunes are dotted with bunkers and every once in a while a gigantic containership passes by on the horizon. There are harbours, the impressive North Sea locks and countless fishing boats, yachts and ships. IJmuiden’s raw beauty shines in all weather (in fact, a storm rolling in actually makes it extra special)! Lean back, enjoy a fresh seafood dinner and enjoy the view.
IJmuiden has it all:
- Experience the adventurous lifestyle of the beach.
- Let off steam with wind and water sports.
- Discover the largest sluice complex at SHIP
- Cycle or walk ‘into’ the sea on one of the two piers.
- Enjoy freshly-caught fish, served in one of the beach pavilions or seafood restaurants.
- Take a trip to the Fort Island, located in the North Sea Canal.
- Visit the thrilling Bunker Museum in the dunes.
- Learn all about the harbour in the Sea and Harbour Museum.
- Catch fish in the sea.
- Cycle along the wide dunes.
- Bounce like crazy with your kids in the trampoline centre.